Tart Cherry Ice Cream Cake
Posted November 16, 2020
Try this vegan Ice Cream Cake using DiNoci Cherry Crisp for a great dairy-free dessert around the holidays!
- 6” springform pan bottom lined with parchment paper
- 2 c. pitted tart cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 t. cornstarch Crust
- 6 oz Kim&Jakes Vegan Italian Wedding Cookies
- 1/4 c. palm shortening or vegan butter
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1 pint of DiNoci Cherry Crisp Ice-Cream
- For the cherry filling - Preheat the oven to 400. Combine cherries, sugar and cornstarch. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes stirring once halfway through. Allow to cool before proceeding. Can be done ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Pull the ice cream out of the freezer to soften while you make the crust.
- For the crust - Break the cookies in half and pulse in a food processor with palm shortening or vegan butter. Press 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of the pan. Reserve remainder for top of cake. Top the crust with a layer - approximately half a pint - of ice-cream.
- Top with approximately half the oven roasted cherries. Carefully add a top layer of ice cream. Drizzle remaining cherries and their syrup on top and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumble mixture.
- Place in the freezer till frozen. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15-20 min before unmolding and slicing. A warm knife makes slicing easier.
Shop This Recipe
Tart cherries & gluten-free toasted oats folded into our creamy vanillaView Product
A blend of savory and sweet caramel with a touch of sea saltView Product
Farm fresh strawberries folded into our oat milk baseView Product