Cool off with a Delicious Dairy-free Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich with DiNoci Dairy-Free
Posted July 20, 2021
This recipe was inspired by the staggering number of ingredients in the pre-packaged chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwich the kids order for from the ice cream truck.
This experiment began by exploring different recipes to make a clean, dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free version of our favorite summer treats.
Shoutout to the very cool and creative chefs at Make it Dairy Free who know how to make delicious recipes.
- 1 C Almond Flour
- 1 C Gluten Free Flour (we used King Arthur)
- 1 C Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 C Dairy-Free Milk (we used almond)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 C vegan mini chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life Minis)
- 2 Pints DiNoci Dairy-Free Vanilla Bean
- Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment or wax paper
- Cream together vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce the mixer to low and add almond milk and vanilla. Add the almond flour and GF flour
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Divide the dough into 2 halves; the dough will be sticky; place one half in the fridge.
- Press the remaining half of the dough mixture into the prepared baking dish
- Place in the freezer and pull out the DiNoci Dairy Free Vanilla Bean ice cream to soften
- Allow DiNoci ice cream to soften for 5-10 minutes
- Remove the baking dish from the freezer
- When DiNoci ice cream is softened, scoop out 4-6 large scoops and place on top of dough in baking dish
- Cover with plastic and return to the freezer
- Remove remaining dough from the fridge and place between sheets of plastic wrap
- Roll into an 8x8 square
- Peel away plastic and gently lay on top of DiNoci ice cream layer
- Return to the freezer until frozen
- When ready to eat, remove the 8x8 cookie sandwich from the baking dish using the parchment
- Use a sharp knife cut into 8-16 pieces depending on your size preference
Shop This Recipe
Rich and creamy with flecks of real vanilla beanView Product