Peanut Butter-Banana Cookies w Chocolate DiNoci
Posted May 24, 2022
Peanut Butter-Banana cookies from Aran Goyoaga's Cannelle et Vanille Bakes Simple: A New Way to Bake Gluten-Free pair perfectly with DiNoci Dairy-Free chocolate ice cream!
We found this delicious recipe from Aran Goyoaga in her book Cannelle et Vanille Bakes Simple: A New Way to Bake Gluten-Free. The cookies are easy to make and beyond delicious. Paired with DiNoci Dairy-Free Chocolate, you have a sublime treat that is vegan and gluten-free.
Peanut Butter–Banana Cookies
You would never know how decadent these cookies are by looking at the ingredient list. Because they are vegan and free of gluten and refined sugar, I feel good making these often for a nourishing snack. The coconut sugar perfectly complements the peanut and banana here. I have made several versions of these cookies with only maple syrup, but the crisp factor is not there when the coconut sugar is left out.
MAKES 14 COOKIES
½ cup (75 g) salted roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
1 cup (240 g) unsweetened chunky peanut butter
2/3 cup (120 g) coconut sugar
¼ cup finely mashed banana (about 1 medium)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts. Reserve half of them and continue chopping the remaining half into very small pieces. Put the finely chopped peanuts in a small bowl, add the sugar, and set aside. The sugar adds a bit of crunch to the exterior of the cookie, but it’s not essential.
- Stir together the reserved coarsely chopped peanuts, peanut butter, coconut sugar, banana, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. The dough will be thick and sticky. Let it sit for 15 minutes. As the baking soda reacts, the dough will thicken a bit.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough into the bowl of finely chopped peanuts. Roll the dough around to coat, then roll it into a ball in your hands. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough. Leave 2 inches between cookies as they will spread while baking. Flatten them slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies crack and their edges begin to look crispy. Do not overbake as they will continue to dry out while cooling. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. The cookies will be crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They will keep for 5 days in an airtight container.
Pair with a bowl of DiNoci Dairy-Free chocolate ice cream for the perfect dessert combination!
©2021 by Aran Goyoaga. Excerpted from Cannelle et Vanille Bakes Simple: A New Way to Bake Gluten-Free by permission of Sasquatch Books.