Homemade Vegan Gluten-Free Peanut Butter ‘Twix’ Ice Cream Bars
Posted April 18, 2023
Homemade novelties like these peanut-butter twix ice cream bars are easy to make and so delicious. A gluten-free shortbread cookie bottom is topped with DiNoci Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream, then dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with flaky sea salt. Sweet and salty, melty and crunchy, they are so fun to eat.
Ah the Twix bar! So many versions of this candy bar treat can be found online, but this ice-cream version is a winner in our book. You will not notice the dairy or the gluten missing in this sweet and salty novelty. Start with a shortbread style cookie, top it with your favorite DiNoci flavor, we used Peanut Butter Chocolate, but Salty Caramel would be delicious as well. Then, dip it in dark chocolate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
Ingredients1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup vegan butter melted
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1 Pint Peanut Butter Chocolate DiNoci Dairy-Free Ice Cream
12 ounces vegan dark chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8” square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the crust is cooling, remove the DiNoci Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate from the freezer and let it soften at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Scoop the softened DiNoci onto the crust and gently spread with a silicone spatula until you have an even layer. Return to the freezer until frozen.
- When the ice cream layer has refrozen, prepare the melted chocolate coating by combining the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Remove the cookie and ice cream layer from the freezer and gently lift from the baking pan using the parchment paper. Slice into 16 bars.
- One at a time, dip the bars in the melted chocolate and turn to coat evenly. Set on a parchment sheet lined pan. If you like sweet and salty - give a light sprinkle before the chocolate hardens.
- Return to the freezer uncovered for 30 minutes, then place in an airtight container.