Gluten-Free Funfetti Dairy-Free Ice Cream Cake
Posted April 19, 2023
This easy to make gluten-free, dairy-free funfetti ice cream cake will earn you smiles from kids and kids at heart. It's a delicious, clean label box cake layered with DiNoci Dairy-Free Cookies & Crema and topped with non-dairy whipped topping and rainbow sprinkles that makes a great treat for special days, or days that you want to make special. You can also make it allergy friendly/nut-free with DiNoci Strawberry Oatmilk Ice Cream for the filling.
Who loves rainbow sprinkles? Everyone, obviously! Funfetti cake, cookies, cupcakes, ice cream, protein bars…everything is just better with sprinkles. We especially like funfetti ice cream cake. The King Arthur Funfetti Cake Mix makes this recipe easy and delicious. What I love about this cake is you can make it in advance of your party for a low stress celebration. I also love that the Watkins sprinkles in the cake mix and topping use natural coloring - more fun, just less junk. Lastly, as we say here at DiNoci Dair-Free, all are welcome at our table! This cake is dairy-free and gluten-free. You can also make it egg free/vegan by subbing your favorite egg substitute. You can make it nut free as well by substituting our DiNoci Strawberry Oatmilk flavor
1 box King Arthur GF Confetti Cake Mix
1 pint DiNoci Dairy-Free flavor of choice (we used Cookies & Crema)
1 container of Tru Whip or dairy-free whip topping of your choice (make sure it is thawed in fridge and ready to use)
Rainbow sprinkles - preferably without synthetic coloring
- Prepare cake as directed on package instructions in 2 8” round cake pans. When cool, cover well and freeze.
- Remove DiNoci Dairy-Free Cookies & Crema from the freezer fifteen minutes before assembling to soften. Spread the ice cream evenly on top of one layer and set the second layer on top, pushing down gently.
- Cover or frost the cake with the dairy-free whipped topping of choice and top with a generous sprinkling of rainbow sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container/cake carrier. Return to the freezer until ready to use.
- Remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Warm knife under hot running water and wipe dry between slices.